A few weeks ago the Maybelline FB Page were giving away free samples of their Dream Fresh BB Cream. I signed up to this and last week my sample came and it came with 3 1ml sachet samples. I managed to sign up to this sample again on the Maybelline Website so i now have 6 1ml sachet samples, so i could give it a weeks trial! Perfect! The idea behind Maybelline giving 3 samples was so that you could use them to achieve Dream Skin ‘at the office’, ‘around town’ and ‘in the club’. The samples i received were all in the shade ‘light’- perfect for me! In total there are 4 shades: Light, Medium, Dark and Universal Glow.
Maybelline BB Cream claims to be ‘lighter than other BB creams as it has an oil-free, water-based gel formula’.
Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB Dream claims to be a ‘8-in-1’ skin perfector, claiming:
– Imperfections look blurred
– A natural looking glow
– Fresh feel
– Compliments skin tone
– Skin looks smooth
– Protects with SPF 30
– Oil-free, non greasy
This is quite a fabulous long list of claims so i was curious to see whether it ticked all these boxes!
The sample contained enough to cover my whole face and a little extra, so maybe could last 2 days but it was a bit of hassle to try to save a little left over bit. The product had a slightly yellow-ish tinge to it, so at first i was a little unsure how it would work out. However it matched to my skin tone nicely and i had no problems with the colour. (I still can’t work out if i have yellow or pink undertones…)
I decided to use my fingers to blend it onto my face and it went on evenly with no streaks and patchiness, and blended in/soaked into my skin nicely. After applying my skin looked really glowy, not completely matte, (although it was more matte that i expected!) but definitely fresh and summery.
The claims reviewed:
– Imperfections look blurred– I agree, they aren’t completely hidden but they aren’t completely on show and exposed! Looking natural, but still lovely.
– A natural looking glow– I completely agree, it has a natural, dewy, glowy finish.
– Fresh feel – I also completely agree with this, as it was light and felt fresh to apply, as well as making my face look and feel fresh all day.
– Compliments skin tone – I agree with this claim as it did compliment my skin tone and blended in perfectly.
– Skin looks smooth – My skin did look smooth but it didn’t fill in my pores as much as i would have preferred.
– Hydrates – It certainly felt very hydrating and didn’t dry my skin out, yet it also wasn’t too oily for my oily-prone skin.
– Protects with SPF 30 – this is a perfect added bonus and perfect for the summer season!
– Oil-free, non greasy– Wilst this wasn’t oily/greasy i did have to apply some powder on my forhead and chin after a few hours, but this is most likely down to my oily T-Zone.
Overall i would say it lives up to all of its claims and it is fabulous and managed to keep my oily chin at bay for a few hours! Because of its slightly lighter consistency, i feel like it didn’t offer enough coverage for me and was on the sheer side but it does blur imperfections. Other than that i really enjoyed trying out this BB cream and i am definitely going to be buying the full size asap (the 3for2 is tempting me, maybe i could nab some 24hour colour tattoo’s as well!). I would recommend this to people with combination/oily skin as i think it does help tackle some of these issues, whilst still providing some coverage and the all important SPF! I’m not really a BB cream pro, but i really liked this and i give it 5 Sophiehearts!
This BB cream retails at £7/99 and Boots/Superdrug normally have a 3for2 promotion going for Maybelline products!
The Maybelline Website, i believe, are still offering these samples of the BB Cream, so go nab one now here : http://www.maybelline.co.uk/bbsample (available till the 30th September 2012 or until they run out of the 160,000 samples on offer)
Have any of you tried Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB Cream? What are your thoughts on it? Do you have a favourite BB cream?